View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #108
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopjack View Post
I still don't see an LS7 Z28, however I do see a Z28 powered by a new generation V8. Consider the following source:

Internally known as “Y1XX,” Mathews reports that the C7 will find its way to market sometime in the middle of 2013 as a 2014 model, which might be slightly further off than some expected. When it does, PM tells us to expect the previously rumored 5.5-liter next generation small block V8 engine mated to either an eight-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission. To note, there was no word on the rumored long-stroke 3.0L V8 in development. Currently, Corvette Racing is using a 5.5-liter small block V8 (dubbed the LS5.5R) that pushes out 485 horsepower. That number seems in line with PM’s statement that the base model C7 will exhibit numbers similar to today’s Z06, while the next generation Z06 will be closer to what we currently see in the ZR1. Sounds delicious, but what about the interior?

So based on that statement from GM Inside News, I see the Z/28 being released mid year of 2014 (February like the ZL1?) and using a 475 hp DI V8 from the new Corvette. I know rumors are that the 6th Gen Camaro is rumored to be due as a 2015 model, but remember nothing is confirmed, and a 5 year run on the C5 seems a little short and I don't understand the rush to get to the next generation.. Its actually more likely to me that the 6th Generation will be a 2016 or 2017 MY release - that's only 4 years away from being on the dealer lots (50th Anniversary anyone?) which leaves plenty of time for a 2-3 year run on a 2014 Z/28.
From that article, they're saying that the engine from the base Corvette will be this 475 hp gen V. Which means ... its replacing the LS3, which means ... its going into the SS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote