View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
Oil change caused CEL?

i've had my camaro for about 2 months now, couple weeks after i bought it i got a K&N aircharger cai. installed it myself, easy enough. bout two weeks out of nowhere the cel came on. i didn't take off the negative battery terminal during installation. So i disconnected the battery, unplugged MAF sensor plug, waited a few minutes, then plugged sensor back in and connected battery. started car and cel went away, only had to open and close windows. now it's about 3-4 weeks later and i just got my first oil change yesterday because i'm about to put more miles on the car in the next week than the odometer says right now. picked it up from dealer yesterday after work and everything was good, couple hours later was coming home from class and cel came on. FML i don't need this crap right before i'm going to be driving it 2000+ miles. so this morning i woke up early and disconnected the battery and maf sensor plug, tightened everything up and the cel is gone, but when i first started the engine made this almost like gasping noise like it wasn't breathing right for like 3 seconds then it went away and i let it run for a couple mins and no cel and no noises. so do i have to disconnect the battery everytime i get an oil change or when cel comes on? just sounds like more work i shouldn't be doing. tried to contact k&n but they wanted the error codes but light went away so i don't think dealer or autozone would be able to see what the error was anymore. any take on this? thanks
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote