View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
As many can tell you, I've been on Camaro5 for a good minute. Since 2010 to be exact. I was 14 years old when I joined the forums.

Fast forward to 2017, I was leaving for a deployment to the Middle East. From the second I left the United States, I decided I was going to buy my dream car, a 5th generation Camaro, upon my return. After many dead ends and failed attempts, I had finally found a good deal along with an awesome dealership. I found a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS in cyber grey with only 12,000 miles on it. The car was located at Spring Valley Chevrolet on the border of Minnesota and Iowa... about a 10 hour drive for me.

About a week before I returned back to the states, I had financing secured for the car through USAA. I had the hotel booked and the dealership had marked the Camaro as sold to me! All that was left to do was pick it up...

Two days after returning to the United States, I left Minot, North Dakota, around 5am. It would be a 10 hour drive to Spring Valley, Minnesota. Including breaks and lunch.

For the first two hours of my drive North Dakota had a thick layer of fog over the state, which slowed my drive down by a considerable amount. But once the sun came up, the fog melted and the game was on.

10 hours later, I arrived in Spring Valley.. population: 2,485.

Pulled up to Spring Valley Chevrolet Buick, and my awesome salesman, Dan, had the car detailed and temporary tag already installed. Dan was awesome through the whole experience and I can't thank him enough for not selling the car out from under me while I was deployed.

About an hour later and after the papers were signed.. The car was officially mine! The permagrin set in.
Attached Images