View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 06:03 PM   #259
ncanthrope

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2LT
Same issue

Read though all 19 pages of timing chain headaches. Lots of stress, disappointment and even a little good cheer sprinkled in there. I’m in the Socal area and I drive my 2010 2LT as my primary. I just flagged a code P008 in May at 85000 miles and when I went in to the dealer they quoted $2500 and 10 days to diagnose the issue. I drove it 3 months and in August at 87000 miles she started to drive louder and had significantly less power. I took her to a local mechanic I trust and he suggested I find a dealer that can help with a special warranty policy since the extended warranty only covered the license plate and all the other warranties were expired. I see that this 3.6L engine has had many issues with the chain; regular oil changes or not. I’ve been good to her, changing her oil at 4000/5000 miles intervals. Yes, synthetic Mobile-1, no I don’t know if it’s full or blend. Debating now to have the reliable mechanic take her engine apart or to trust the dealer that didn’t even mention they would apply the $2500 they first quoted to repair work. Wish that Brandon sales rep was in california. Will update.
ncanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote