View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 08:09 PM   #11
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Anyone resolve this problem? I’m having same issue of required inspection in my state where I will fail with any CEL on or even not-ready on the monitors. I was told that it is not possible to get a catless LLT to pass because of the Bosche ECU. It was explained to me like this: If the cats are removed, basically they can tune the CEL code out but the readiness monitor will never ready up for exhaust and possibly also get an O2 code and that monitor won’t ready up either. So with that said I can never pass inspection because of the monitors.
I currently have “mini cat O2 sensors” from Big Daddies Garage, which someone recommended to me worked for them (but they had a V8). They are installed in my post (rear/secondary) O2 factory sensors as the instructions state but I still get the CEL codes unfortunately.
Name:  F2BC4920-6639-401E-A5AC-34317A1EC484.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  147.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanRubin View Post
I had to use Spacers I got from eBay, PLUS one anti-fouler, to get rid of the codes, and use FACTORY O2 sensors. Being that far out, you will then get heater codes in the winter, and low voltage codes. So, it worked fine in the summer, with low voltage and heater codes in the winter.. Oh, one spacer on the passenger side, and one spacer + antifouler on the driver side... Odd, but that worked with cheap Canadian aftermarket cats.
^AlanRubin—You mentioned you were able to use spacers and an anti-fouler to get rid of the codes, can you drop a link to where you purchased those items so I can do the same?

The alternative I was considering was buying just a pair of universal primaries and using v-bands to swap them out with the straight pipe for the purpose of passing inspection only.

GhostOutlaw—Did you ever find a solution?

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote