View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 01:28 PM   #35
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblock66 View Post
I guess.... I am not claiming to be the richest man ever, far from it lol. But I wouldn't even look at this car if I couldn't get the SS. (THIS IS JUST ME)

I would always hate myself for not figuring out a way to buy the SS and would never truely be happy with my base model, especially when I saw an SS on the road. It is only a few grand difference between the two models, if you can afford a new V6 and you can't afford a new SS you probably should be looking at a Kia.

I am in finance and the difference over 48 months or whatever you want to term the loan for 28k/29k vs 22k/24k is peanuts. Unless you are totally happy with the V6 as is and feel 300 HP is enough and you have no plans to mod the car at all then I am cool with owning a V6. But most all of us that are spending time on these boards are enthusiests, not everyday buyers. And with all the threads on modding the V6 it boggles me. I think some of the younger guys who may not be able to afford much don't understand how little the payments will differ between these two models.

Another option for guys who can't afford as much would be instead of purchasing a V6 LEASE the SS. I bet it is actually a bunch cheaper only monthly payments. Then you can give it back in 36 months for the Z28 when it drops
That's how I was with the Cobalt... I would have never looked into the Cobalt until the SS/SC came out. Same applies if I get another one. It's the SS Turbocharged or bust...

However personally, as much as I would love to get the Camaro SS. Due to the fact that whatever car I get next has to be my daily driver, there's no way I can afford the gas on the V8, so it wouldn't be practical for me. Now if it was a 2nd car... Definitely...

But I'll happily settle for the V6... for now...

Yeah. I looked into the lease vs buy when I got the SS/SC and there was quite a bit difference. I ended up leasing it and I'm glad I did....

But the Camaro will be purchased...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
My poor little 2.4. I want to put in the Hahn Turbo for that easy 290+ horsepower. But since I'm saving for a 5th gen I don't think that will happen. We'll have to see how finances turn up.
I know someone that has a turbo on their 2.4 and it's much quicker than my SS/SC... I was planning on jumping right into the SS/TC after my lease ends, but I'm going to see if the Camaro can pan out for me first...