View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #362
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Lining up on the grid for heat 1 of the morning Camarocross session! Had a great time and I somehow managed to keep all the cones upright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Did anybody see how Becky did on the autocross?
Becky did rather well. I think her fastest lap was her last at 40 or six seconds faster than her first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Few pictures from the autocross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
The auto cross was fairly cool to watch, but after seeing that zl1 wreck I would have taken my car and parked it. Feel sorry for the dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
That was awful :( Glad he is ok

Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
AdamZ posted this on Facebook
Attachment 540037
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stache View Post
Wow that makes Indy 2 for 2... there was a dude last year that lost it on the return and hit a 55gal drum on the drivers side... not as much damage as the Z though...

Couldn't make it this year, Have fun!
Racecar to lawn mower in a split second. It happens. Street car to lawn mower, curb jumper, guard rail sculptor in a split second. It happens.

The gentleman that had the incident in his almost new ZL1 conducted himself as a true gentleman.

For those wondering if CamaroCross or autocross is dangerous the answer is minimally. 99.9% of runs result is zero damage. Occasionally cars hit curbs, poles or other obstacles. The track 'experts' form an instant opinion, but frequently no one will ever know what happened. The incident this year happened so fast we have not found a single eye witness that could say they saw the ZL1 do... The driver was shaken up and uncertain of the cause. In the end, it doesn't matter. Sheet metal can be repaired and no one was injured.

When you join us for the Camaro5FEST V CamaroCross follow the instructions at the drivers meeting.

#1 Safety
#2 Safety
#3 Safety
#4 Have Fun!
#5 Safety
#6 Safety
#7 Safety

Unlike a SCCA event where you get three runs and ONLY three runs you'll have at least six runs per session. Want to run two sessions? Schedule yourself for two or three sessions. Only your fastest time matters for entering the finals. Go slow. Learn the course. Gradually increase your speed and never forget the rules.

#1 Safety
#2 Safety
#3 Safety
#4 Have Fun!
#5 Safety
#6 Safety
#7 Safety

Maybe we should have a few more rules.

#8 The driver already has a knot in their stomach so don't post pictures of their damaged car.
#9 What happens in CamaroCross Stays in CamaroCross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigEp1097 View Post
I had blast at the CamaroCross; placed 3rd in super-modified! I'm still in the process of editing videos from my other runs. Damn good weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-08-2013 at 05:23 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote