View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Yeah. I have to source out some tools. Friend option is still on the table, but he hasn’t replied yet. 1 shop wanted 6hrs of labor at 150$/hr, plus 225$ for an alignment.
That's high, imo. Especially their estimate of 6 hours.

I won't lie, my coilovers kicked my ass. I did it in my driveway on jack stands and it took me the entire day. But I also ran into some stuck bolts and injuries lol. I also took multiple breaks and spent a bit of time measuring and adjusting for the amount of drop I wanted. I also cut into my trunk for the adjustment extensions and made sure the cuts were perfect, but many people skip the rear extensions and I totally get not wanting to cut into your trunk floorboard. But it did add to my overall time.

If I could do it again to save $150 per hour labor I certainly would. I see no reason why an experienced shop with a lift and proper tools would need 6 hours to do this. I spent $180 at a local Goodyear for the 3 year unlimited alignment and was happy with the results. Now when I add rear camber bolts I can go back and get it adjusted at no additional cost. A one time alignment would have cost me less than $100.

I would keep searching shops for better pricing if you are intent on having it done, as I think you can do better.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), FlowMaster Outlaw axle back/X-Pipe, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160 thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels - Tuned by Ryan @ GPI via HP Tuners
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote