View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
Hootch

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS
Windshield washer not working correctly

I installed the roto-fab CAI and windshield washer reservoir relocation kit a while back and recently, when I went to use my washer fluid, I could hear the motor humming but nothing was coming out (I ran it for a while in case the hoses were empty). I assumed a clog in the line. Pulled the line apart at the middle connector near the back of the engine bay and blew through it to the outlets and no clog. Then ran the motor and it sprayed all over the garage out of the other end. Plugged the hoses back together and it worked fine. I did notice that the passenger side outlet dripped fluid for a bit after I stopped running the washer. Haven't needed to use it since then (few weeks ago), then today on my way to work, same thing. Motor works but no fluid comes out. I disconnected the hoses and ran the motor and no clogs and it is working again just like before. I can’t see any leaks in the hoses/tank and I am not losing any fluid. It almost seems like there is a vacuum issue and disconnecting the hoses relieves it but not sure that is possible.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote