View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #26
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazzi1397 View Post
Here are few points (IMO) that basically summarize why Mustang is doing better now.
1) The Camaro is slowly loosing its looks appeal, meaning that just six months ago people were willing to buy the Camaro just because it will turn heads, now with too many of them on street, they dont turn as much heads as they used to.
2) The Mustang doesnt turn heads at all, but people now are considering the performance advantage that the Mustang has, and probably think that the better performance provided by the Mustang is a better deal than the few turning heads provided by the Camaro
3) Mustang has 3 engine choices, Camaro only have two.
4) Mustang has convertibles, Camaro doesn't
5) Mustang has more OEM accessories than the Camaro (I dont understand why the Camaro doesnt have a lot of OEM accessories, and no performance accessories at all, even the CAI by GMPP is scrapped so far)
6) Ford offers more options that are available for the Mustang, including a class exclusive glass roof.

Except for part of point "1", I am in partial agreement. However - I'd like to add that I think SEMA is showing the auto' enthusiasts that GM is amplifying it's support for CAMARO, so now they just have to make that known to the public. I'm sure the ragtop will help that, but I'm crossing my fingers these numbers aren't a trend... I'm sure they're not though Camaro is still getting attention

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote