View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 AM   #3262
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
WooHoo...Brandi got a few miles in today...

We got the drive line put back together... Though the interior is still trashed... taken apart... There is little that resembles a center console... and lots and lots of loose wire bundles... the new boost controller, a power switch for the shift light..a couple of other switches, and other misc bundles... The hole in the trans tunnel was closed up with temp stuff, until we can actually get in there and fabricate and finish the trim work... We did discuss it at length, and have ideas...

The car hasn't been tuned for the new turbos yet, so no jumping on it... much... I never got into boost, but I didn't need to for the purpose of this drive...

BUT....The new Street Slayer Clutch is absolutely the BOMB... It's brand new.. and I kid you not, it feels smoother than the stock clutch did... and OMG so much better than my last clutch... Thomas At Hendrix Engineering, and RPS... Thank You Thank you Thank You...

There is plenty of pedal, as the clutch disengages pretty high in the travel.. so we know there is plenty of travel after the disc's have released......

Now.. The Transmission... OMG...This thing is for real... George... Rockland Standard Gear... You have absolutely done yourselves proud on this one... Wow..

We left the shop, I was in first gear... accelerated up a little , and stabbed the clutch... purposefully pushing it to the floor, and click-click... 2nd ... wow, very nice, very slick, very easy... accelerated a little more in second... stabbed the clutch again... click-it self centered-click, into third... with no issues, again, so smooth and easy... I repeated this process through all of the gears and there was not a single hiccup through any of the gears...

I'm thinking it's manual shifting nirvana... This is how it's supposed to be... Simple AMAZING... I'm Loving it...

I wont see Brandi again for about four and a half weeks, but... I can rest easy knowing I made absolutely the correct decision about purchasing this transmission, and this clutch...

I wish I had taken a picture of the shifter handle we mocked up in about ten minutes... I was a piece of 3/8 X 1 inch high end aluminum, about 8 inches long... No ball, no handle, just the stick... I used it to judge the fit and distance... and I have to say, the shifter location is about as close to perfect as it can get for me...

The drive shaft... Wow, big chunk of metal, and it feels perfect... No vibration, no noise... Just a big ole chunk of metal doing perfectly what it is designed to do... it's a tight fit no doubt.. but a great fit...

As time allows over the next four weeks, Corey and Co. will finish the hardware install for the boost controller, and Joe, Racer778 will work on rebuilding the center console to fit the new shifter location...

This evening at our gathering, he mentioned he had an idea... and before he could describe it, I told him I trusted him, and that he had free reign to do with it whatever he wanted and I would see it when I get back... Personally, I can't wait to see what he comes up with...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote