View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 04:01 AM   #211
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
I have been watching this forum for some time and now that the 2010 Camaro is released I have a question.

I have been loving this car since the concept and Hollywood interpretation of it. I even signed onto the waiting list with my local dealer with a note for a SS model if it was released. However, did anyone else feel like this production car came close but missed? When it drove in it just did not look right. No excitement like with the concept images. After several views of the video I think the (1) hood length has been shortened (a lot) from the concept, (2) Rear wheel vents became cosmetic indents, (3) Mirrors thicker and (4) Car is not as sharp overall and more rounded. Maybe bad images, but IMO if it all takes some of the umph from its attitude. Also, it is missing the little hood scoop vent intake on the hood.

Just my opinion, but was wondering if anyone else thought the same. I guess I will just need to wait another 9 - 10 months to see it in person before ordering. Or, start looking for another car for next year.
Quite agree. It's beautiful thoughj, but not perfect.

About the lack of excitment, I do feel like it's coming from time ... How long since the concept unveil? TOO long. Mustang has taken the money from the kinda "neo retro mucle".

I'm afraid the market is maybe not that big anymore, that this "fresh" feeling left, and that we have been looking this car everyday for years ... maybe some of us are just too used to it now