View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
jbsrace1

Drives: 2010 2ss
Possible Camaro in NHRA Pro Stock in 2011

Looks like there may be some 2010 Camaro Pro Stock cars in NHRA next year

Quote:
Chassis builder Jerry Bickel confirmed there’s a strong likelihood fans will see a Camaro in NHRA Pro Stock in 2011. At least that’s what he’s working towards.

Bickel confirmed his shop, along with Kirkman Composites, will manufacture the bodies which will eventually be sold to the leading chassis builders. GM has given Bickel and the NHRA permission to reproduce the bodies, which are currently legal for sportsman competition but using the Pro Stock guidelines. Final approval for the Pro Stock will come at a later date.

“We have GM’s blessing and they are working with us,” Bickel confirmed. “When GM dropped out of NHRA Pro Stock, I approached the NHRA about building one. I asked them if [GM] didn’t come back if they’d approve our Camaro body legal for Pro Stock, if I built it to the new NHRA Pro Stock standards.”

The NHRA and Bickel contacted GM and obtained permission to build the body. Because of conceptual property laws, all aftermarket bodies proposed for Pro Stock must have manufacturer approval.

“Basically, we wanted to do this right because anyone who builds these bodies without the manufacturer’s approval, the manufacturer can come down on them,” Bickel explained. “They can make them stop. You can really get in trouble without that approval.”

Once the first body is complete, NHRA officials will inspectthe body and upon approval, the new Camaro will head to Aerodyne in Mooresville, NC, for its first wind tunnel test.

Rodger Brogdon, Bob Yonke and Greg Stanfield are rumored to be thos in line for the new Camaro which they hope will debut at the 2011 NHRA Winternationals in Pomona, Ca.

http://www.competitionplus.com/index...-stock-in-2011
Name:  prostock.jpg
Views: 8971
Size:  102.7 KB
jbsrace1 is offline   Reply With Quote