View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM   #52
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
Yea, you can get the rims for real cheap and I think they look awesome. Also don't care about all the hate with the perreli p zeros, I think they are great tires. I know they're not so great in rain but for regular dry conditions they are awesome.
Yah they might look awesome but are they safe? Are they ?
All tires, from bias ply to radials for all types of vehicles, are regulated under five safety standards: FMVSS 109, 110, 119, 120 & 139.
•Quick overview of each regulation
• Download the regulations

Wheels:
There are two NHTSA safety standards that reference wheels (rims), FMVSS No. 110 (tire selection/rims for passenger cars weighing less than 10,000 pounds) and FMVSS No. 120 (tire selection/rims for vehicles weighing more than 10,000 pounds). The rules are focused on making sure the vehicle has the proper size tire/wheel combination. They do not establish performance requirements, although FMVSS No. 120 includes marking requirements. Most wheel performance/marking requirements have been accomplished through industry standards established by SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and other international organizations. SEMA worked with SAE to develop SAE J2530, “Aftermarket Wheels - Passenger Cars and Light Truck - Performance Requirements and Test Procedures” [Published: May 2008]. NOTE: SAE J2530 establishes performance and marking requirements.
•View complete SAE Standards for tires/wheels

TPMS guide on how the tire pressure monitoring system rule impacts the aftermarket

Basic facts about tires: tire pressure, maintenance, labeling, ratings, etc.)

Basic tire safety information
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote