View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #56
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Sorry for the delay in getting back on the boards. It has been completely hectic since we returned.

For everyone wanting specs, here is what I can tell you. We have not dynoed the car as of yet. We haven't even begun to tune it as of yet. We are waiting on a High pressure fuel pump from bosch so that we can pump up the boost and make this car live up to the hype.

I can tell you that we built this motor to handle up to 550 rwhp. We lowered the compression to handle the higher boost as well. We did destructive testing and found the weakest link to be the crankshaft. We are ALREADY kicking around the idea of going with a forged crank and really turning up the boost but we want to see what we have in the current configuration first.

SEMA was a big win for us and all involved. We received nothing but praises from everyone who saw the vehicle first hand INCLUDING GM. However, as much as I hate to say this simply because I am the most impatient person I know, we have to get back to work on all the customer builds first so project Syn R G is taking a back burner for a few weeks. Our goal is to have the car ready for the road course by the first of the year. This means a lot more sleepless nights as we juggle customer cars and continue to innovate with new additions and products for Project Syn R G.

I want to personally thank every single one of the posters in our threads. For the ones who see the potential in this project and give us kind words thank from the bottom of our hearts, your encouragement means a lot to us. Also to the ones who tell us, "it can't be done", thank you as well for pushing us to be better in every aspect, to push the limits of what is considered "normal".

Stay tuned, we aren't done yet!
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote