View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #23
Mark_Z28

Drives: Black 2015 Z28 #457
Almost 36k on mine and not really any major issues with my car. Its not pampered or a garage queen, and its been great, miles better than my old Z06.

Things I'd look for:

Check the edges of the ceramic rotors(inside and out) for any chips/nicks/ hairline fractures. The rotors are expensive to replace so I would definitely check them the full 360 degrees. As its already been mentioned easy to drop a wheel on a rotor and nick it so good one to check.

Tires are expensive, if trofeos are mounted I'd check the edges to make sure no cracking on the tires. If street tires are mounted just check to see if the inner(and outer for that matter) sidewalls haven't bubbled up(if had this issue with 325 MPSS mounted on my fronts). Not sure if this is because of the roads here or just my batch of MPSS.

Alignment/tracking. I don't have an issue with this, but some have.

Flares need to be flush and even with the car. Just check to make sure if they are evenly attached or they are mounted slightly kinked or is becoming loose from the fender. It could be a loose flare or due to having the front lip being pushed in with the force into the front bumper loosening the flare(if its in the front). Flares are hard to find now it seems(so make sure these are in good shape).

Loose plug wires. I've had this happen twice. Its not really a serious issue and just throws the stabilitrak error.

Aero guides under the front lip. These are rubber and tear up pretty easily if care wasn't taking parking it.
Mark_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote