View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #125
tweeter81

Drives: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
If the z28 is a better performer than the V (which I think it will be), I do not think that will take sales away from cadillac. One is a sports car and one is a luxury car... regardless of the power.
I agree with you for the most part. And I even believe that for sure the Z/28 will outperform the V in every measurable performance test, but what I am saying is a lot of people only see HP numbers and other marketing stuff when deciding which car to buy.

If you are someone who can afford a $50K Camaro (which will be a toy for most), then you can also probably afford a V, and you could very well cross-shop the two models. If you look at the spec sheet and see 590 HP/ $50K, and then look at the other spec sheet and see 556 HP/ $63K, I can pretty much tell you what choice most people are going to make (this would be a bad business decision for GM, as they would have a ton of CTS-Vs gathering dust on car lots across the U.S.). That is why I believe the HP ratings will be almost the same between the two models (+/- 10 HP), but the Z/28 will slightly edge out the V on all the performance metrics.

2004 CTS-V
Mods: CAI, Spoiler, SW Heat Extractor Hood, PC'ed CCW SP600 wheels (19"x9" and 19"x10"), Toyo R888 (F: 235/35ZR19 - R: 295/30ZR19), Magnaflow Cat-back, UUC Shifter w/ bushings, Ground Control Coilover Kit (750f/800r), FG2 shocks, Hotchkis Swaybars, Custom FRCs, Kooks 1 3/4" Coated LT Headers, ARP Header Studs, NGK TR55ix, SS Brake Lines, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk HP+ Pads, GForce Axles, Monster Stage 2 w/ 18 lb Flywheel, D.P.S.E. Dyno Tune = 351 hp/ 365 ft-lbs (corrected)
tweeter81 is offline   Reply With Quote