View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
flowmann

Drives: 1972 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenredconvert View Post
I purchased a set in early October had had a local garage install them with clamps instead of welding them. Good thing because the convertable has the rear cross bracing that the coupe does not have. So, in order to get the pipes that go from the muffler towards the engine to clear these braces, we had to shim the double rear mounting bolts. This caused the braces to drop 1-1/4 inches below the stock position. Yhis caused instability in body. Also, the flowmasters were way to loud. I had them on my 2004 GTO and enjoyed them, but on the convertable, not so much. I couldn't hear my radio. I finally after two weeks took them off and put the factory units back on. Anyone want to buy a slightly used set?

Kenredconvert – We’re currently offering kits for the V8 convertibles only, so you must have been installing mufflers instead of an axle-back kit. Which Flowmaster mufflers did you have the shop install? Did you record video of the sound?

A less aggressive system for the convertible is the Flowmaster Force II exhaust system.

Last edited by flowmann; 11-10-2011 at 12:18 PM.
flowmann is offline   Reply With Quote