View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #42
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
I think the cost of gas between the v6 and ss is not so much the issue, it could be dependent on what was being driven prior to purchasing a camaro. I had a Mazda 3, gas cost me $40 every 2 weeks, average 500 kms a week. My ss costs me close to $90 every week, sometimes twice a week depending on what's happening with work. That was something I did not factor into my purchase.

When I bought my car, I factored in my payment obviously, which was a bit more than I wanted but not much. I knew I needed winter tires as its my dd, oil changes are more.

The thing that also bugs me is money I could have used for mods has gone to pay my deductible for insurance claims. One would have happened regardless of what I was driving (hail), the other vandalism (keyed).

I've debated trading either down or out all together. I can afford my car but it certainly puts a large hole in my pocket. I had my best financial years over the last 2, putting an extra $20k in my account annually, not having the same year and that also makes a difference. Then I go for a drive and think about what other vehicle options I'd consider and can't come up with anything.

Life happens.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote