View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #5397
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
For anyone interested, the chief engineer for SuperCruise was on Autoline After Hours this past week.

http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?p=55668

There both a video and a podcast version of the show. I listen to the podcast, as the show is mostly just 4 people sitting down talking to each other for an hour or so.

He's on for the first 45 minutes or so, talking about how the technology works (including the attention monitoring camera) and some of its limitations. After that, they mostly discuss recent auto news including monthly sales, Sergio's plans at FCA, & Mark Ruess's little 'whoopsie' with a pace car last weekend.
If SuperCruise is a driver assist, my first though is why would I want that level of complexity on my car if I must still be fully engaged and responsible? As shown it would only be beneficial in stop and go traffic and that’s only true if they really have taken the lag out of the acceleration so it can follow traffic closely like stated.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote