View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #5402
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Sorry, Martin. I believe the chief engineer in his interview for this disagrees.

The car stops in the lane, does not pull over to the shoulder, (or ever change lanes on it's own for that matter)
….As a consolation prize for the rest of the motorists near this car, it turns on the hazards. Hardly a sure fire way to guarantee there won't be a horrific crash between a dead-stopped vehicle in the midst of high speed traffic.

I think this also points out how easily misunderstood and unsafe Super-Cruise can actually be. Maybe they'll improve it to pull over at some point....perhaps after a few dozen unnecessary traffic fatalities caused by Cadillac.
Yup. I sure got that one wrong. I based it on information that I got from a test drive review that I can no longer find. I must have mis-interpreted what the writer did say happened when he was test driving. He wound up parked on the shoulder at a freeway exit. It could have been because it does pass control back to the driver when it knows it is entering an exit ramp.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote