View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #238
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Been slacking on my thread but not on the SS. The move to SoCal was a bitch, but finally getting settled in the new house and setting up the garage for the Camaro's arrival next week.

The ALKY Meth kit has been installed and let me tell you, it's a fantastic kit and upgrade. Everyone on the Corvette forum has nothing but good things to say about it, performance & safety wise. Many people don't realize that with a supercharged engine comes high heat and this Meth kit drastically helps reduce internal air temps up to 100-150 degrees. It also keeps the engine much cleaner as well. We actually reformed the stock windshield wiper bottle with a heat gun to make it work with the ZL1 brake ducts, and Julio from ALKY sent me a smaller washer bottle to use for the wiper fluid, since I'll be running straight Meth at boost. I better buy some stock in Pirelli, cause this beast is going to cook the rubber!

The mod bug never stops with me and I picked up a RX Ported Throttle Body from the guys at RX, they're great folks to deal with and the TB is really a thing of beauty! I'll attach a pic below. Good for even more HP

The ZL1 bumper fits flawlessly, and I upgraded all bulbs to AAC's Oracle Plasmas, to go along with their new "LED Ghosted Sidemarkers". Added 30% tint to my DRL's & the front Amber/Turn signals on the headlights, thanks to Big Worm Graphix.

I'll be bringing the SS home next week after it gets buffed out, then we'll be applying the special Onyx badges courtesy of Emblem Pros and then 185 mile test drive home and off to get tuned!!! I'm super stoked to finally be able to meet up with some of the SoCal crew and be able to finally have the one of a kind car that I built from the ground up!

The next time I'll be posting, I'll be reviewing the Meth kit and have plenty of pictures to post!
Attached Images

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote