View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 08:26 AM   #1
Silver2014SS

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Another satisfied ESS Tuning customer

Another thank you to Andrew Cammer at GPI and Brevin Barney at ESS for all their help over the last few months. GPI and ESS make a wicked combo.

The first full dyno pull the car made 694 rwhp at 12 psi in 95 degrees hot and muggy conditions. This was with the 105 mm/200 mm pulley combo. It was more boost than I wanted to run, and my tuner was sure on E85 I would have made close to 800. I had the bigger 110 pulley that came with the kit, so we swapped that in but it still made 692 at 11 psi on the follow up run.

I opted to back it off and start off "safe" with the option to turn it up down the line. Brevin at ESS was confident the car would be ok at 12 psi, but he was empathetic to my concerns and went above and beyond by overnighting a 160 mm crank pulley he had at home, some belts I needed, and a 100 mm sc pulley. Gave me a great deal. Now I have 6 different pulley combinations I can play with.

With the new 160 mm, the car ended up making 697/583 at only 8 psi on E85.

Driving the car home from the tuner was an experience. The car is fairly quiet and tame, but step on the gas and it comes to life and just smoothly sucks your eyes back into your head. Refined nastiness is one way to describe it. It doesn't feel like a 700 rwhp car, but at the same time it does?

Mods are in my sig. I haven't seen many other LS3 guys with the ESS G2 blower but please chime in with your experience if you're out there.

Dyno:

Idle:

2014 Camaro 2SS - GPI SS2 cam, ESS G2 blower 8 psi 105/160mm, ID1050x, DSX Aux Kit, Kooks Longtubes, hi-flo cats, Borla S-Type catback, BMR trailing arms and OTR bushings, McLeod RXT twin-disc, 3.73 ZL1 diff and ZL1 axles, Innovate Motorsports ECB-1 gauge
733 rwhp/603 rwtq
Silver2014SS is offline   Reply With Quote