View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by KizzMySS View Post
A year ago (its sad to say) the wife and I bought new Chevys. I THE Camaro and her an Equinox. I use my Camaro as an everyday vehicle and for all purposes in the city, went with the L99. Yesterday, we switched cars, and I realized an idea I have...

I like, but don't love, the wheel buttons to shift in 'manual' mode. The Equinox has an up/down button on the side of the shifter. I would like to get this part and install this in the Camaro. It seems rather straight forward, just use the wires in the steering wheel, t off them, connect to switch in shifter and KABOOM.

I searched the forum before the post and didn't see any ideas like this. Think this is possible? Think the shifter assembly is universal in that it would fit. They seem very similar.

Share your thoughts and ideas, thanks.

Here is a picture:
That was discussed in the thread on my shifters. The shifter and button is not compatable with the Camaro. I also feel that after playing with it having two seperate switches positioned as on mine is much more positive and the single switch may be proned to mishifts.

Also you cannot T off of the wire to the wheel buttons, it must be disconnected or a switch must be installed to isolate the two.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote