View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #1
pete-1le
pete1le

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Loud click noise on rear driver side

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had this problem on a 2013 1LE. There are a number of posts I've read already about clicking noises but they all relate to a problems on the 2010 SS wheel hub washer, not the 2013 1LE (only done 8000 miles from new, diff fluid changed every year).

I don't track the car and to date it's been a bit of a garage queen, the clicking noise I'm getting is coming from the drivers side rear wheel or in that general area, might be the diff but I dont think so. It's a single click noise and it happens at speeds between 20mph and 40mph, anything faster and the click goes away.

90% of the time it happens as I lift the clutch pedal as power is being transferred to the rear, but it can also happen randomly at speeds mentioned above.

The only other time I can replicate it 100% of the time is when I go forwards and backwards from stationary, the car has to either be in 1st or reverse, I can't replicate it by rolling the car forwards or backwards.

I had the diff fluid changed last weekend so I'm just hoping it's not that, the diff fluid was full and all 946ml plus the additive was used, both ACDelco parts were used, #88900401 # 88900330.

Looking at the possibility of a faulty CV joint or wheel bearing but lots of conflicting information about what the correct part numbers are. Using the VIN search on a parts dealer site doesn't list any part numbers for the 1LE. I'm in the UK so there's no dealer support here, I'm on my own to get the correct part and fix it myself.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for what parts I might need to replace the 1LE wheel bearing, 1LE drivers side axle half shaft, seal protection tool and any one-time use bolts or washers? I'm a bit nervous doing whilst having to ship any missing parts across the atlantic.

Here's a video:

Last edited by pete-1le; 04-15-2018 at 10:47 AM.
pete-1le is offline   Reply With Quote