View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #67
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Great points, but there is a cost to GM by not fixing the issue. The issue is that some customers hate the AFM feature. The cost to GM is unhappy customers, which decrease sales due to word of mouth. I don't feel that they need to recoup costs by charging their customer to fix an issue with a car. They will be repaid with better sales. I don't want to wait for their R&D team to come up with a performance tune which also includes disabling the AFM. They can issue a new tune to be downloaded to the cars in a week that completely disables AFM in M/S mode.
I totally understand your side of the issue, I honestly do. Personally though I do not feel that GM needs to fix or owes me anything, after all they did tell me upfront that the car was equipped with AFM and I had a choice when I purchased it. I think it operates exactly as designed; I just don't like it. But, I do not feel they owe me anything because the 5th Gen Camaro is the still best muscle car in the modern world even with AFM!

I think what we can all agree on is that we would like GM to help those of us who don't like the feature turn it off without voiding our warranty and I would rather pay GM then going after-market and jeopardizing my warranty.
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote