View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #46
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
thanks, i ended up just setting the torque the same way that was shown in this thread any how. worked out fine.
i will say on mine it was a huge process getting the pinon pressed in and out and in took a lot more than just a little hammer. i had to use a hydrualic press to do it. but the freezer/bbq worked really well. the ring gear and the pinon bearing basically just fell together under their own weight. took me about a day and a half taking my time. i would not say this job was easy. haha, but its definitly doable . i dont really see why so many people are so afraid to do this themselves. this was my first time doing gears and im glad i did. all i used was this thread, a chilton guide and a little youtube .

My speedo was off i think around 5-6 mph but it didnt throw any stabilitrac codes or anything, i used a hypertech speedo calibrator to recalibrate. although it doesnt have 3.91:1 so i set it to 4.10 and messed around with the tire size a little to get the last 2-3 mph difference.

thank you for posting this for all of us it would of been a lot more guess work with out it for sure. i cant tell you how many threads i found on diy gear swaps that said dont even attempt to diy. anyways, good luck to any one else out there attempting this. my advice is be patient and make sure you have all the right tools, check and re check everything. Thanks again!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=16105

Last edited by robbiegordon; 08-17-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: update
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote