View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #115
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Very cool videos and some awesome times.

I had an opportunity to do a ride along with instructor Luis at the end of the day when there were not may cars on the track. He drove the yellow SS and his time in essentially the same car as mine and was 2:25 vs. 2:58 for me. WOW! It put everything into perspective for me. He was drifting around the turns and accelerating way further into the turn and then jamming on the brakes. He had to slow down on the last lap because the brakes were gone. I would never let him drive my car.

Bill
Little things add up especially over a track that is this long. It all about getting comfortable and how far you're willing to push the car. I could prob get in the high 2:3x if I really pushed but it's not a competition. That's the big reason I went to tracking a miata. It's very easy to drive at the limit and if I do hit a wall etc I only paid a few thousand for the car. I was tracking a 2011 Z06/Z07, screwung up in a car like that would put me back a long time. Not to mention the carbon ceramic brakes cost more than I have into the miata.
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote