View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
I am beginning to like the Camaro again... early prototype photos weren't looking so hot in my opinion. Yet, I think I am going to have to see one in person to make my final decision. I am seriously thinking of getting one of these next year (or whenever they come out)... so far it's either the camaro or a Cayman.

I think if I were to buy the Camaro I'd have to purchase some aftermarket mod's to get it mean and tough looking.

Here's what I'd do:

-get rid of the dual front lights and convert to one single halo style light... it's just super mean looking w/ one light in the front. (I am sure someone will offer an aftermarket mod for this).

-cut out the rear vents and make them functional

-racing stripes (if not a factory option) are a must

-tint the windows slightly

...that's about all I can think of...probably wouldn't set you back more than a couple grand.
And there is a good chance that much of that may be done from the factory, the lights are most likely going to be single (we were told that the prototype lights weren't the real ones, but I dont think that we were told what the real ones would be like). And they may or may not be halo's.

The vents may or may not get cut out, but even if they were they won't be truly functional. They will just get a little bit more air back there, if they are cut out. But they won't have ducting directing the air to the brakes.

Stripes will likely be availible from the factory, almost always have been for the Camaro as far as I know.

And the tint, that could probably be done for you by the time you pick it up, unless you mean like a red or green tint to match the body. If thats the case . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote