View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #430
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxman View Post
Holy crap dude there have been some impressive builds that I have read however this one blows my mind because you built this car not just bought the parts and slapped them on. Your skills are awesome and I would love for you to work on my car so if you need to improve you skills some more please let me know. Great work!
Thanks, appreciate it.

Started on the bumper. First thing I did was do a test weld on one of the reverse light brackets to make sure the welding would come out structurally sound then made sure it would clean up right.

Now I'm sure every things compatible I cut out one of the pieces from the old bumper. I decided to glass bead the old paint off to give an excellent surface for refinishing and to keep the piece as virgin as possible. Because of the double wall created by the trunk area I decided to trim it off first and have a single layer to work with. I found the easiest most accurate way is with good old fashioned tin snips. I was able to cut it almost perfectly flush so a two second clean up with some coarse paper was all that's needed.

Now I will trim the piece down and fit it for tack welding then duplicate the process on the other side.

Here's a few pics of the steps so far.

Name:  bump 1.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  244.7 KB

Name:  bump2.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  245.7 KB

Name:  bump3.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  175.1 KB

Name:  bump4.jpg
Views: 601