View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
jbrown13

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS L99
I'm about to give up on drag racing!

I'm still having a ton of trouble getting a decent 60' time with my set-up. I'm either a poor driver/slow learner or the track prep at Silver Dollar in Reynolds, GA stinks. I have added LT headers, HF cats, cam, WCCH heads, 3600 triple disc stall, 3.91 gears and various Pedders/BMR rear suspension parts. I'm dynoing right at 480 rwhp/430 ft-lbs on a Dynajet and am running MT 305/45R18 ET Street Drag Radials. My 60' times are in the 1.9s and 2.0s depending on pressure and brake stall speed, but I'm seeing guys be in the 1.7s on Pirelli street tires on this forum. I've had the rear alignment set at zero toe and zero camber as was suggested in a former thread of mine. Needless to say I'm frustrated and about ready to have it put back to stock and forget drag racing. I'm running low 12 seconds @ 115 + MPH in the August GA Heat so I don't think it's because of a lack of power.

Anyone want to try to help me out? If you happen to be in the middle GA area I'll even let you drive it down the track to see whether it's me, the car or the track. I'll be 69 years old in 4 weeks and don't have time to be frustrated with this crap.
jbrown13 is offline   Reply With Quote