View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #89
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
My take on the Pill is that he knows enough and is reasonably intelligent but has a severe bias / hatred to GM, the Camaro, and Camaro5. He will sometimes sprinkle his facts with a fair level of BS and will (often?) twist the truth to meet his agenda. When you do call him out with a fact check he seems to just move on or answer selectively. He can be quite convincing but his posts should be taken with a grain of salt.

He always goes back to the SCCA legality, etc. with the ZL1 and now Z/28. Personally, this is a non-issue for me with these cars, but perhaps some would care. I’m not sure anyone looking to race in SCCA would be “fooled” into thinking they could drive from the Chevrolet dealer to the track or would care if they had to modify the car because they for sure know the rules. If they want to purchase a Z/28 and race it, it will have to be compliant and that is their choice and responsibility. I’d argue there aren’t any amateurs out there who are going to buy the Z/28, head straight to an SCCA event only to yell “F***!” when they don’t pass tech inspection, and go bankrupt modifying the “race ready” Z/28. So he takes this point and argues that GM is lying, the ZL1 is an abomination, etc. etc. If you like arguing, by all means…

Nothing wrong with Ford and Mustang enthusiasm and nothing wrong with the Pill – in essence he is one of the internet’s biggest and most outspoken trolls against Chevy / GM / Camaro and people often take the bait. I think he would take this description of him as a compliment. He easily finds support and fuel where he is restricted to now (generally Mustang and Ford forums) but I have to believe he would prefer to feed on the direct response from members of Camaro5 and other similarly GM themed forums instead of having to quote them on another forum.

It’s all in good fun. At the end of the day these arguments are meaningless and with all the other great cars out there being brand loyal to a fault will ultimately lessen your overall automotive experience IMO.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering