View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #18
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I am about to do this myself. Any issues with the DRLs?
Nope....no issues with the DRL at all.

I did just have a ballast fail on me after only 3 weeks. Sucks....I'm back on Halogens for the next week or so. Once you have the HID you won't want to go back to Halogen if you don't have to.

For warranty work you have to mail back the part (your expense), they test it, then if it's bad they'll send you back a new one. Not real crazy about that procedure. In my opinion, especially since it's been less than a month, they should send me a ballast no questions asked and then I send them the bad one back. After all....it's now like I had them for a year or so. It's not necessarily good customer service in my book.

Just make sure you pick the right color of lights the first go around or you'll be out a bit of money like I was. Once you open the box thier yours.

If you're not going to do halos then you might check out BFXenon before making your decision on who to buy from. I think they are giving a 15% discount for forum members which would put their kit at around $220. They don't do halos though. http://www.bfxenon.com/Camaro_High_L...d-camarohl.htm

We'll see how my issue gets resolved but so far I'm a little frustrated with my whole experience with AAC. I was going to buy their Afterburner tail lights but not sure I want to go down that road now. Think I'll leave well enough alone and hope I won't be dropping another $200 to get a HID kit from somewhere else.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote