View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #23
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
Even the tabs on 5202 hids are rough lol. The install wasn't that bad. I did it up on a lift. As far as the price they are not that bad. You do have to use 25watt ballasts though. I got my set from here http://www.spencershids.com/shoppingcart/page2.html#14
Your talking about around $50 more for hids over leds. To me is was well worth spending the extra $50 or so.
The ones I got from AAC were just a bulb. I guess they are LED. There were no ballasts to deal with. Just unplug factory bulb and plug in theres. They only cost $80 though.

It would've been an easier install if I would've taken out the fog light housing. Thing is that I was told more than once to just unplug them from behind and then plug them in. Yes...in theory that works but it's a little more difficult to align them up doing it that way. Once I broke the tabs on the first bulb I called and then was told "oh...we typically just pull out the whole fog light assembley to make it easier and we are usually doing halo rings". Again, that would've been better had I know that going into it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote