View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyce0387 View Post
Since us M6 guys keep getting bashed for our responses on the automatic thread i figured we should start our own. My top three reasons for buying a manual...

1. So your saying i have to pay an extra $1,185 for GM to take away 26 horsepower?

2. I don't know if Im alone on this one buy whenever i drive an automatic i feel like i don't pay as much attention to the road. When i drive my M6 i have to be ready to change gears, rev match, downshift, and then i jump into an automatic car and it does everything for me its like i don't have to pay attention anymore like the cars on autopilot.

3. Correct me if Im wrong but on the auto cars when you pull the shifter all the way down i believe the car goes into M which would be manual mode. If and automatic was the way to go why would it need manual mode? i don't see any Stick shift cars with a D mode where the transmission shifts itself(not talking Smg's cars with an actual clutch pedal...)

I don't mean to come off like a jerk or offend anybody, obviously everyone is going to pick which they prefer regardless, but there's just something about driving a manual transmission that us manual guys understand, and from what i read in all the car magazines were the last of a dying breed....
ditto!!!
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote