View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyce0387 View Post
Since us M6 guys keep getting bashed for our responses on the automatic thread i figured we should start our own.
Just my two cents here, but I think the reason you guys, "keep getting bashed," is because the manual guys start the fight. Go read through that thread again. You won't see anyone talking crap about the manual. You will see statements of personal preferences for why people chose the auto. Then you will see the manual guys jumping in with, "Only wimps drive autos," "A 6.2L V8 Auto is a sin," "Real men drive stick," and similar comments. The attitude always seems to be that Person A is somehow better than Person B, because Person A drives a manual, and Person B drives an auto.

It is almost the same issue as the V8 vs. V6 discussions. Some of the V8 folks around here seem to look down on the V6ers. At the end of the day, the reason I would never have bought a manual is the same reason I didn't even consider the V6: I wouldn't have been completely happy with my car. It wouldn't have been the vehicle I wanted.

Now, the $1200.00 difference in price? I'll give you that one. In my opinion, that is some serious , but oh well, it's what I wanted, so I payed it.