View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #135
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post
My personal experience I drive 2 consecutive roundabouts on the way to work and home twice every day. I push my car very hard all the time and the best I could do before the strut bar was .89Gs. My very first time around the roundabout the next morning after the install on cold tires I hit .99Gs. It is repeatable. I don't give a crap what some article says. My personal experience
We have blind tested this with professional drivers. The data we logged was virtually identical, though the drivers thought the car felt better on course without the bar. Unless your 5th Gen is fully caged and on slicks, a strut tower bar does nothing but look cool.

FYI -- I think we might know. We were the first to fit 305/30/19s on a 5th Gen Camaro back in 2009 (now found on the Z/28). We were the first to use a larger rear sway bar in relation to the front while everyone else was running fat fronts and skinny rear bars (now found on the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28). The first to install hard inserts into the radius arms (now found on the Z/28). We were the first to use CTS-V brakes on the 5th Gen (now found on the ZL1). The first to introduce Caster locks for the 5th Gen. The only aftermarket parts on the 5th Gen Pace Cars at Milford, I installed.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote