View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #39
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Question

I also found this thread to be extremely informative. This looks like a text book example on how to beat out the competition and win new customers too. Nice job Pedders crew.

Now I fully admit I'm a noob to car suspensions and the like but I had a question for the Pedders team: Why didn't you recommend new urethane inserts, drop coils, or coil overs before a new sway bar during this conversation.
From 'The Book', JusticePete states the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The low hanging fruit for the Camaro owner is in urethane inserts for the radius and sub-frame bushes. Installing Pedders EP6578 and EP1200 inserts addresses the feel of steering and brakes while settling down the IRS. These inserts work with the OE parts to make your driving experience more rewarding.
Lowering the Camaro with drop coils designed to work with the OE dampers and bumpstops reduces body lean and roll while maintain a high quality of ride. Using Pedders Xa coilovers would be the next level of excellence. For Pedders perfection only the 52mm Remote Reservoir Independent Bound and Rebound Adjustable Supercar Coilovers will do. All three address body lean and roll at the source.
Is there a reason to go to sway bars in this situation before the other upgrades or did I miss something in the conversation?

Thanks again.