View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #247
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
like its on rails. but i dont know what im missing. so as long as im not ruining the tires im good?
You are good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I looked but it seems all the info is on a standard SS, or with Pedders. This car stuff is all new to me. I seem to be tearing up my edges, and am not being able to use all of the tread on my tire. What track specs would be good for my 1LE ?
Please post pictures of your tire wear and identify them front and rear,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1hawk View Post
I've held off doing any suspension mods to my car because I know my area doesn't really have anywhere that I really trusted to get it aligned properly once it was lowered. I finally broke down when Apex picked up the Pfadt line and bought a set of their lowering springs for my 2011 SS. I took to a local place hoping they could get it dialed in. I think I would have been better off doing it in my garage the old way.

I read through this thread twice looking over all of the information so I was prepared with my specs and any other information they may have needed. After two hours of waiting they tell me they couldn't get the right rear adjusted and they had to charge me for a camber adjusting bolt to get the front right in spec. AAAAAHHhHHHHH, I should have printed out the bold red statement from JusticePete that stated you do not need one of those and how to do it properly.

Can anyone tell me the major concerns they see with the alignment I'm posting below? Thanks!! And Rob@Wretched, it sounds crazy but I may be making a three hour drive to you to get me dialed in and to make installing these springs worth it.

#1 get rid of the front camber bolts. They are not as strong as the OEM bolts and tell me the shop had no idea on how to align a Camaro. There is a threaded hole in the knuckle for a 10mm 1.5 pitch bolt. You screw in the bolt with the clevis bolts loose to decrease negative camber and unscrew it to increase negative camber.

#2 in the rear the camber and toe adjustments work against each other as though they were in an A style / wishbone arm. To set rear camber the tech should loosen and move the toe adjustment bolts to the neutral position (the eccentric bolt heads / washer ride against metal fences. neutral means the eccentric is not touching the fence on either side). Once the camber is set, the tech starts on the toe. The tech continues to work one against the other to get the best result.

#3 with only 0.01 toe in the rear high speed straight line stability is compromised. The rear toe should be set IN 0.12 degrees per side with a total of 0.24 IN.

Go back to the shop. Give them my name, email and phone number. I'll walk them through the correct way to align your Camaro.

Pete Basica
peter.basica@apispeed.com
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote