View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #47
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Unfortunately if GM did that the magazines would completely rip the Camaro a new one. While smart, educated people like Camaro5 members don't pay any attention to what the magazines say, the majority of the general public does and that would seriously hurt sales. Not to mention all those people who wanted thrills AND frills would end up buying a GT500 if GM did that.
Hmmmm, I would say that past history does not agree with your statement. The 28,103 Z/28s sold in '67-'69 were sold in spite of not being available with air conditioning, automatic transmisson or in a convertible. A new Z/28 does not necessarily have to appeal to the entire mass market, it only needs to appeal to those likely to buy a high performance focused automobile (which is NOT the majority of the general public). The "missing" options certainly didn't stop me from buying a new Z/28 in '69, though at my present age I'd probably like to be able to get AC, but manual transmission is the way I'd go and I really don't care for a vert.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote