View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #11
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=REVENGE;489036]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
No offense to anyone who has a black one, but I think black does not do this car's killer lines justice. I think the lighter colours like silver, IOM, Yellow and Red accentuate the great shape of this car better.

QUOTE]

You kind of lost some credibility when you mentioned silver. Silver is just the most plain color you can have on a car. It just makes your car invisible. You can talk abut lines all you want but the fact is you put a silver camaro on the street next to a red or black camaro the silver car might as well not be there. I remember when I got my mustang a few years back someone on my block had a silver mustang. Both cars would be parked on the street. I would sit out and watch people walk past and not notice the silver mustang but their eyes would get drawn to the red mustang. I was amazing how you have the same model car but one looked plain and old. The silver car looked dull. It was pointless to try to wax and wash it hoping it would shine. It never did. It was a new car that looked like it had years on it simply because of its boring color.

Also on the next black someone parked a silver viper on the street. I almost walked pass it and I noticed no one else even realized a they were walking past a Viper either. I was the only one who gave it a second look. That would never happen with a shiny black or Red Viper. Especially in that area. Silver is just plain and dull. There is no shine to that color. I am happy there are people who think Silver is a decent color because it makes the cars others pick stand out.
I beg to differ the reason they whent with silver in the concept is because it brings out the lines in the car. Ask Fbodfather, straight from the horses mouth. BTW I mean that lovingly Scott.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote