View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 02:55 AM   #8
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Welp, I just went over and watched a 1 owner '67 RS get sold for $13K. It was pretty much worth that.

I had a good time checking all the numbers and seeing the original 8-track.

Lots of missing parts (if going back to original), needed a repaint and some body work, had some hotrod parts on it, and generally needed a LOT of TLC.

BUT it had a working 8-track, power brakes, power steering, the 327/275 (powerglide), clean and intact interior, original engine, smog pump, and transmission (and other engine related parts), was originally a vinyl topped marina blue, deluxe seat belts, Z23, and a mostly rust free CA car.

Lots of work ahead. But pretty decent deal none the less...

My friend is a long time neighbor of the seller. The gentleman passed away and his daughter was selling it for her mother. She had a friend set up a sealed bid auction through a craigslist ad. He whittled the list down to 9 people, 7 showed, 2 didn't have money on hand. Four had very low bids (I almost put in a $5011 bid just to fool around) and one guy said he had $13K in his pocket... He's buying it to restore with is little boy (eventually). He's restored a couple '60s Mustangs and one other '67 Camaro.