View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #33
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
Cars I have owned, in order age 15 to 32 (63 this month): 65 EL Camino (15), 66 Malibu coupe (16), 72 Malibu 350 2v (17), 72 Chevelle SS 350 4v (19), 75 RS Camaro (21), 79 Z28 (1st new car, 23), 64 Malibu SS vert (30), 70 Chevelle SS396 4 sp ( 30 sold in summer of 87 to buy 79 vette, worse car move I ever made although I still have the vette and like it), 84 Monte Carlo SS ( 28, "my family car" when my daughter was born. This reminded me so much of a Chevelle in so many ways except just a H.O. 305. GM stopped the model to go FWD and build more pickups- big mistake). Wanted the vette, who knew the Chevelle would be a $60K car today, Fathom Blue, white stripes, white interior, buckets, console, 4 sp, factory air, and gauges. Don't know what I was thinking. So it goes, a Chevelle today with a big block and all required safety features would make the modern Challenger look like a lightweight and would cannibalize Camaro sales to the 40 - 65 age group that remembers them and buys Camaros. Wish I had the 70 back!

I knew prices would jump the minute I heard the performance car era was coming to an end in the early 70s to meet epa standards. I had 69 Road Runner, I was going to keep it until antique because I knew the value would rise. Ended up selling it because some idiot woman backed out of her parking spot without looking and damaged my front fender then I made the mistake of having it repaired by an irresponsible jerk who took the car to his place of work which was a body shop, he was going to repair it and repaint it off the clock on his own time. While in his possession the car got vandalized. Was going to cost me too much to get it back to the way I wanted it. It wasn't that bad, but it was no longer my daily driver and opted to unload it for $1500 in I think 1987. Not a bad price then but today we are talking 30-40k for a 69' 383 RoadRunner. I owned this car for almost 12 years and was my daily driver for about 8.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 04-06-2018 at 12:04 PM.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote