View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #1655
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
In my opinion GM should focus more on getting the Z28 into production than bothering with a bunch of SEMA show cars. I'd much rather see a production 2012 Z28 instead of a bunch of a concept cars.
I doubt show cars like these don't take many resources from serious development of a car like the Z28. The SSX was probably developed mostly by Pratt & Miller, not GM. The Synergy car would have been done mostly by designers, who wouldn't have a whole lot to do with the Z28. Same thing with the Red Flash. Plus, it could be that when the SSX was being worked on, the 'big picture' engineering on the Z28 was already done. GM would still need to sort out details like NVH, ride quality, and manufacturing issues and so on, all the fiddly little bits that most never really think about. Getting a car to production is a process requiring many different types of engineers, working on it at different times. A concept car is much rougher and only has to look like what it claims to be, regardless of whether or not everything on it actually works.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote