View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 12:11 AM   #1033
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Bigger B&M Trans cooler and HX extensions...

OK, draining the trans and upgrading the trans cooler was straight forward. I setup this trans cooler closer to the HX just in case I have to add a 'second' one -- left enough room to slide another one in:

Dexron VI (new part#):

Draining (Looks good after racing and 5K miles since last drain):

Trans Cooler upgraded (more area):

Before:

After (measure and drilled new holes in the cooler mount so it would fit nice):

Lots of room for a second one if needed:

Lines re-installed, clips added ready for fluid fill tomorrow (9 qts)...

Now, trying to add Hx extensions -- its only to try and keep IAT2 as close to ambient as possible -- without a chiller, Ice Tank, or meth, I'll never be below that, but, I want to give this every chance to keep IAT2 close to ambient:

Plenty of room for the hoses:

I'm putting one on the other side of the trans cooler too -- I'll be running duals -- its an experiment -- to see if these help @ all. I couldn't run one 'big' one on the bottom as the Trans cooler is in the way -- so a compromise. I would much rather have the fins line up, but, not enough room so seeing how this does -- I've made it so it can remove it if its worse off -- won't know until I get it hooked up.

I'm fabing the brackets and testing the locations to make sure they fit and don't bump anything -- have done a test fit of the bumper to make sure -- so far so good! I'll clean up the rough edges once I know it fits...

More to come...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 12-29-2016 at 12:37 AM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote