View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #26
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

GM can't control dealer mark-ups. If your dealer is marking-up cars then they're shooting themselves in the foot. Blame the idiot dealers, not GM or the Volt. That doesn't make the car overpriced when it's MSRP (maybe I need to spell that out for you, Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price) is right in line with the competition.

The Volt doesn't catch on fire either...unless you're a total moron and you don't disconnect the battery after wrecking the car, which every first responder is trained to do. Again, don't blame GM or the Volt for other people's stupidity (looking at you, NHTSA).

You can cover your eyes and ears all you want, like it or not, electrification is on the way. Not hinting or trying to imply anything here, but even the Camaro has a chance of receiving some sort of alternative powertrain.

I dont blame GM for the huge amount of Mark Up they put on the volt. I understand that dealers are responsible for that.

If a car stickers for $42k and the dealer puts a $10k mark up which puts the car at $52k, don't you think that's a bit over priced?(not blaming GM, just saying its overpriced right now) that's just what I'm trying to say by overpriced.

I know that the volts MSRP is lower than that. I'm saying it's overpriced because their asking more than the MSRP.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote