View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 01:51 AM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
exactly. Never had my hand on an H-pattern Shifter before... it's partly embarrassing being the self-proclaimed Car-enthusiast, that I am...

But I know that clutch [pedal[ goes in, gas comes out - both simultaneously, and smoothly - Shift occurs, revs matched (moreso if racing) - and clutch released, and gas depressed again...

The reason 40% of me still wants an auto is that I'd love to say I have all this Hi-tech tranny in my car, which, it is. The shifters are supposedly fixed, and I think I'd like to have the auto-option...plus kinda like in MIB and the red-button. I can say to never-controlled-400hp-people - don't put it in 'S'. NEVER put it in 'S', if you value my car, or your life. But if the Stick isn't as bad as it's been said to be in traffic, or hills (which I don't think it will be) then standard all the way!

But, I have to drive a stick first. otherwise choosing one when the great day comes, is like a blind man choosing his favorite color.
nice analogy.

there's other ways of shifting manuals. ie: double clutching, where once you disengage from the lower gear you rev the engine to keep in your power band and then engage into the higher gear.

you should come down here to chucktown, ill let you take the 78 out, and believe me, im not worried about you tearin anything up. Its my manual test vehicle for all my friends who want to learn to drive stick. I can tell you this, your first time drivin stick. you will kill it. lol one thing to keep in mind, if you are havin trouble, just pop the clutch (except on a hill)
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote