View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #28
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I have no need for that equipment. *though a THORson differential sounds like it has potential*

The base car handles exceptionally well for everything I ever intend to use it for. Why would I spend *as you've pointed out* several thousands of dollars for options I don't want, nor will ever need?

I've got a 662 horsepower factory vehicle that will drill cars in a straight line that far exceed it in 'status' and price, all while doing a pretty solid job of performing on a road course if I were ever to take it there. Furthermore, if I ever DO take it to a road course, the times I run as an amateur would be so ridiculously bad, I highly doubt I would need options that allow me to enter and exit corners at higher speeds than I'd already be experiencing.

So, maybe I am in the extreme minority, but I think if the magnetic ride had been an option on the ZL1, and it could have been purchased as a BASE model around 51,000, many people would have jumped on it.
Yeah, if you just want to cruise around and sit and talk at the car shows or gatherings, the base model is just fine.

For my application I do a lot of "spirited" canyon carving. Here in Southern California with elevated temperatures spirited driving raised oil and coolant temperatures quickly. The coolers would be real nice. tHE ADJUSTABLE BILSTEINS AND Thorsen diff would help with my Corvette running peeps.

Sure I could get the base model and spend the next couple of years installing the upgrades to make it a fully optioned model (satisfying my mod bug). But why not get it from the factory? Also, the Zl1 provides all of the suspension upgrades for 10K less.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote