View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #212
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Very interesting thread. A persons age and new car purchasing experience might apply. Regardless of your age, most eveyone on this Board was attracted to the new Camaro at first sight. Do not think anyone is going to buy a Camaro because it is "practical". Myself, it was instant love when I first saw pictures of the concept. I thought long and hard before placing my order for a 2011 2LT May 18th. I had two cars, and one is only a seldom driven summer car never driven in snow 1998 Buick Riviera, pearl white (I am a US expat living in Canada). Many family connections/memories with the low mileage Riviera, and it will never be sold, but passed down to family members in the future. My trade-in, 1996 Sebring LXI coupe, white over silver, looked and drove like new. Loved my Sebring, and hated to trade it, could have driven it for another 8 years trouble free. Why the Camaro...question to myself, could I see myself driving a 2011 Camaro and enjoying it for the next 15 years? Yes! I am already a low mile driver, the Camaro will be my daily driver, and in 15 years I still might be driving my 2011 Camaro with not much more than 60,000 miles, when I am age 74.
My choice to buy the Camaro is it is a car I will take care of and I plan to enjoy for many years to come. In 15 years I might be an old fart driving an old Camaro, but personally I will be happy with my decision.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote