View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 06:44 PM   #16
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Glad you found it. Axle would have been my guess with the history of these cars. The transmission tailshaft issues were very early issues that got fixed quickly.
Yeah my first thought was clutch, then I thought axles. But I figured because I'm well under 1000hp there was no way it could be the problem, plus the wheels turning and the driveshaft engaging with no bad sounds made me believe it couldn't be the axles. Guess I was wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddySS View Post
I was going to say broken axle or drive shaft. Clutch would not fail instantly and any problems with the master or slave would leave the clutch engaged. The speedo moving was the key clue.
Yeah, and thats why I looked into the driveshaft in such detail, every bolt and connection etc etc.
And when I turned the wheels and the driveshaft turned fine and no sounds made me believe the axles were fine as well. Turns out that wasn't the case...

Thanks again for all the input everyone!
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote